Temporary eastbound ramp closures – Sippy Downs interchange
(See PDF FLYER HERE)
Preliminary construction is continuing on the Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway in preparation for major construction to begin in mid-2017.
As part of preliminary construction activities, the location of underground services need to be confirmed so that detailed planning for construction can progress.
Pot holing techniques and a vacuum truck are typically used to locate, identify and confirm the depth of existing underground utilities.
Due to the proximity of the water main to the eastbound entry and exit ramps at Sippy Downs interchange, the ramps will need to be temporarily closed while service location works are undertaken.
Please note, access to and from Tanawha Tourist Drive will be maintained via the signalised intersection on the northern side of the Sippy Downs interchange during the ramp closure. The changed traffic conditions are shown on a map overleaf.
These service location works will be undertaken at night, from 8pm to 5am, to safeguard construction workers and motorists.
Works on the entry and exit ramps will commence on Sunday 9 April 2017 and are expected to be completed over two separate nights.
Please note this schedule is subject to change due to weather and other site conditions.
What to expect
• Temporary ramp closures: The eastbound entry and exit ramps at the Sippy Downs interchange will be closed to all road users over two separate nights to facilitate these works.
• Access: Access to and from Tanawha Tourist Drive will be maintained via the signalised intersection on the northern side of the Sippy Downs interchange.
• Audible noise: Audible noise from construction activities and heavy machinery can be expected.
Reversing beepers and flashing lights are a safety requirement and will be used at all times during work hours.
• Traffic control: Traffic control will be in place with reduced speed limits near the work zone. Motorists should expect short delays during these works.
Subscribe to the free SMS and email service to receive regular updates about project activities and construction. To register, please visit the project website at www.tmr.qld.gov.au (search for ‘Caloundra Road interchange’).
Detailed design work is continuing to prepare a final design for construction. Preliminary construction works are on track for major construction to begin in mid-2017.
Other preliminary construction activities include:
• survey and other monitoring and investigation works
• site preparation works for the main site compound and satellite offices
• vegetation trimming and removal
• building demolition works.