Good morning all,
Please see the attached incoming and outgoing correspondence relating to pickup and drop-off facilities and improvements at Chancellor State College.
Safe school travel (SafeST) program
The safety of students travelling to and from school is one of the most important issues for school communities. One way this is achieved is by providing the safest possible journey to and from Queensland schools. The Department of Transport and Main Roads supports safe school travel with the SafeST program and resources.
Addressing school safety issues
Establishing a SafeST Committee is the first step in identifying and addressing school safety concerns. The SafeST Committee will develop a school road safety action plan for implementing strategies and solutions.
Ideally an action plan would outline:
- what the school is planning to do to improve road safety
- how it expects road safety will improve
- how the school will monitor and evaluate the success of the plan
- when it will be done
- who is responsible for making it happen.
School road safety is a matter that requires whole of community awareness and commitment. Improving the safety of school travel for all children relies on the involvement and engagement of schools (including parents associations), local government and state authorities such as Education Queensland, Queensland Police Service, TMR and TransLink and/or bus operators as required.
Christian is the Division 6 Councillor for the Sunshine Coast Council.
Christian was elected at the age of 19 years old in October 2006. In 2008 Christian was re-elected as the local councillor for Division 6 as part of the amalgamated Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
In the 2012 local election Christian was elected unopposed, something that was unexpected and very humbling.
Having been re-elected in 2016 he feels that he has a strong mandate to work hard for the community whilst continuing to deliver important projects in Division 6.
Christian feels “blessed” having the opportunity to live on the Sunshine Coast and having the opportunity to work with local resident's to improve lived experiences in our region.
- Community2019.02.14Photo Opportunity To Showcase Our Local Community
- Community2019.02.04Road Update Information For Sippy Downs, Buderim and Palmview Locals.
- Community2019.01.15Council Takes An Axe To Claymore Road At Sippy Downs
- Community2018.11.29Living In Division 6 Spring/Summer Edition Begins Distribution