Local resident and Chancellor State School student Emily has decided to participate in the World’s Greatest Shave fundraiser and will be cutting 30cm off her hair so Sippy Downs and district residents we are calling on you to support this young lady to achieve a fundraising goals for this fantastic cause.
- Cutting her hair is a big deal as she loves her long, thick hair and doesn’t even like to have it trimmed – so for a teenage girl this has been a BIG decision, not made lightly, but for a great cause!
- Emily said to family and friends, “cancer patients don’t have a choice re their hair when going through chemotherapy – I have a choice and it is something positive I am able to do to help out” – even though she doesn’t really want to cut it.
- Money raised goes towards cancer research and services
- Emily’s hair will go to make a wig for a cancer patient.
If you are in a position to donate, whether small or large, we would really appreciate it and thank you! Feel free to also share this link to family, friends and colleagues.
You can donate by clicking on this link
If you are unable to donate, thanks for reading this message anyway.
The articles published under this profile are researched, collaged and authored or published by local volunteers using submitted articles and/or local news and information from a multitude of sources and always list external links where possible.
We are not professional journalists, just local volunteers passionate about news and information being open, accessible and accurate with an aim to educate, empower and enlighten with a view to action, rather than anger, hype and hysteria.
NB: While members of the Sippy Downs & District Community Association (SDDCA) volunteer their time to this community news and information project by way of publishing via this profile at times, no content published via this profile can or should ever be regarded as a representation, statement or quotable reference by the SDDCA.
Official SDDCA publications cannot be released without the consensus of the management committee as is the norm for all Incorporated Associations by way of motion which can only pass provided 50% of the Management Committee +1 agree.
The SDDCA does publish important news here on the community website under the profile title "SDDCA". To see ALL the latest SDDCA News and information please visit https://sippydowns.org.au/
- 2018.09.20BrightwaterElectric bike to encourage a more sustainable transport choices!
- 2018.09.04Sunshine CoastLetter of Support for Proposed Community Facilities Precinct
- 2018.07.30Sunshine CoastPlanned burn of USC’s Compensatory Habitat
- 2018.07.20Association SupporterSippy Downs Radio – Tune to 87.6 FM or Listen Online!