North Coast Region
As the Deputy Principal you will play a vital role in delivering the vision of the department. The leadership of Deputy Principals is critical to improving the educational outcomes of students in their schools. The Deputy Principal has a major influence on developing the quality of teaching and learning and nurturing positive relationships between students, teachers and stakeholders.
|Job type||Temporary Full-time|
|Occupational group||Education & Training|
|Classification||Stream 3 /DSL2|
|Workplace Location||Sunshine Coast|
|Job ad reference||QLD/NCR224525/16E|
|Yearly salary||$112505 – $118145|
|Fortnightly salary||$4312.30 – $4528.50|
|Job duration||From 19 January to 8 December 2017 unless otherwise determined.|
|Contact person||Mark Birchall|
|Contact details||Ph: (07) 5453 3111 Email: RecruitmentTeaching@det.qld.gov.au|
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
Expressions of Interest are being sought for the position of temporary full-time Deputy Principal at Chancellor State College, for the period 19 January 2017 to 08 December 2017. Chancellor State College is a large, innovative P-12 school on the Sunshine Coast. This position is based on the Primary Campus which has an enrolment of over 100 students. The position will have a dual curriculum and student support focus and it is preferred that the Deputy Principal will have a strong understanding of leading teaching and learning within a primary school context.
Chancellor State College is an Independent Public School. For more information regarding Independent Public Schools please refer to the following pagehttp://education.qld.gov.au/schools/independent-public-schools/
As Deputy Principal at Chancellor State College you will assist in delivering the department’s vision and offer leadership in improving student outcomes and foster positive relationships amid students, teachers and stakeholders.
For further information about the school, please visit Click Here to visit their website.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green ”Apply online” button below, enter your personal details and
As per School’s request, applicants are required to submit:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to Key Capabilities 1 and 2 under “How you will be assessed” in the attached Role Description (Maximum 1 page per key capability)
The Key Capabilities applicants are required to address are:
1. Demonstrated capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
2. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available here.
For a full list of the position responsibilities and mandatory requirements, please ensure you download the attached Role Description and Applicant Information Package and follow the instructions.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
- DP_HOSES_HOD_HOC_applicant information package 2016 (Word, 412KB)