Re: TEMPORARY CHANGES TO TRAFFIC CONDITIONS SATURDAY 24 NOVEMBER, 6AM – 5PM.
Temporary closure of a section of Sippy Downs Drive (between University Way and Siena Catholic College) and traffic detour via Service Road.
Dear Sippy Downs Residents and interested stakeholders.
Thank you for your ongoing patience regarding construction of the Sippy Downs Drive Upgrade Project. We will soon be issuing another construction update which will include news of the construction break over the Christmas and New Year period and details regarding next year’s 2019 construction program.
In the interim and as part of the project, Council must dig trenches across Sippy Downs Drive to install stormwater pipes.
To safely undertake this work a section of Sippy Downs Drive, between University Way and Siena Catholic College, must be temporarily closed to vehicle traffic for a period of one day, Saturday 24 November from 6 am – 5 pm (weather permitting).
On this day, light vehicle traffic will be redirected along the Sippy Downs Drive Service Road as one-way traffic. Buses and heavy vehicles will be detoured via an alternative route. University Way will remain open.
The speed limit along the Service Road will be posted as 40 km per hour and signage and traffic control will help to redirect motorists.
The entry to Siena Catholic College will also be temporarily closed during this time. The project team thanks the School Principals and Parish Council for their assistance.
We thank you in advance for your understanding of these mandatory works and request that all motorists exercise additional caution when driving along the Service Road this Saturday.
Should you have any questions about this work, please feel free to contact us via the details below.
Sippy Downs Drive Upgrade Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Council’s customer service team on 5475 7272 or 1300 007 272 (excludes mobiles and callers outside Sunshine Coast area). Please quote Sippy Downs Drive Upgrade Project.
- Website: www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au and search for ‘Sippy Downs Drive Upgrade Project’.
The fourth and final stage of the Sippy Downs Drive Upgrade – between the Sunshine Motorway and Siena College – will be constructed from September 2018 to December 2019.
Construction to widen the road will start in September 2018 (weather permitting). Service relocations and earthworks will start in August.
There will be some temporary traffic changes during work. Traffic management will be in place to inform motorists.
For more information, please contact the project team for these upgrades via email to email@example.com or call council's Project Officer on (07) 5475 7272.
- Buderim2018.12.10December Construction Update – Sippy Downs Drive Upgrade Project
- Community2018.11.21Sippy Downs Drive – Temporary changes to traffic conditions SAT 24 NOV, 6am – 5pm
- Community2018.09.20Sippy Downs Drive Upgrade Construction Notification
- Buderim2018.08.23Sippy Downs Drive Upgrade Project | Stage 4 | Final Stage