The Department of Transport and Main Roads wishes to advise you of upcoming preliminary construction activities for the Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway.
From 5.00am on Tuesday 18 April 2017
For the safety of motorists and construction workers, it will be necessary to remove on-street parking on a small section of Pignata Road as part of preliminary construction works. More detail of the ‘no parking zone’ is in the construction notice attached.
Parking will be removed from the remainder of Pignata Road once the new car pool facility is opened to the public and construction work moves into these areas. Construction of the car pool facility is expected to take approximately six months to complete.
These no parking arrangements will remain in place until construction is completed in late 2020, weather permitting.
What else to expect:
Work in this area is expected to be undertaken
Monday to Friday, from 6am to 6pm.
As construction ramps up, the community should expect:
- Increased construction traffic: The number of construction and heavy vehicles will increase on Pignata Road. Please take care when travelling on this road.
- Audible noise: Audible noise from construction activities and heavy machinery can be expected.
Reversing beepers are a safety requirement and will be used at all times during work hours.
- Changed traffic conditions: Reduced speed
limits will be in place in this area. Traffic
controllers will also be present at times during working hours.
If you have any questions about these activities, please contact the project team on 1800 749 022 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway
North Coast District | Program Delivery And Operations | Department of Transport and Main Roads
PO Box 1600 | Maroochydore Qld 4558
P: 1800 749 022 | F: (07) 5451 7098
Just in case you missed it Reiss Emporium here in Sippy Downs at the Chancellor shopping complex (located between Cheapa pet stuff and Brumby’s Bakery) has an everything half price sale from original price on now.
Excludes new arrivals and accessories.
Pop in and check out their amazing prices!
Local resident and Chancellor State School student Emily has decided to participate in the World’s Greatest Shave fundraiser and will be cutting 30cm off her hair so Sippy Downs and district residents we are calling on you to support this young lady to achieve a fundraising goals for this fantastic cause.
- Cutting her hair is a big deal as she loves her long, thick hair and doesn’t even like to have it trimmed – so for a teenage girl this has been a BIG decision, not made lightly, but for a great cause!
- Emily said to family and friends, “cancer patients don’t have a choice re their hair when going through chemotherapy – I have a choice and it is something positive I am able to do to help out” – even though she doesn’t really want to cut it.
- Money raised goes towards cancer research and services
- Emily’s hair will go to make a wig for a cancer patient.
If you are in a position to donate, whether small or large, we would really appreciate it and thank you! Feel free to also share this link to family, friends and colleagues.
You can donate by clicking on this link
If you are unable to donate, thanks for reading this message anyway.
Entry is a gold coin donation. Register online now and receive express entry, FREE Bright Run headband and email updates in the lead up to the event.
Bright Run is an exciting glow fun run on March 18 at Mooloolah Recreation Reserve that will raise funds for Fusion’s local youth programs. The run is glow themed with participants encouraged to dress up in glow gear as they run approx 3km.
- Entry to the run which includes free mini glow sticks, glow tunnel, pool noodle forest and more!
- Free glow face painting
- Glow garden
- Glow Dance Party
There will be fantastic prizes up for grabs for the top fundraisers and best dressed!
Online registrations close Midnight Friday 17th March. Registrations are available at the entry from 5pm.